The U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Service requires that international students receive approval of F-1 status before they can register for classes.
International students must apply for a degree program and maintain enrollment with a minimum of 12 credits per semester. F1 Visa holders are required to take courses on campus, with the exception of one online/hybrid course to total at least 12 credits. International students must adhere to all Federal regulations set by the U.S. government. Application deadlines are May 1 for Fall semester and September 1 for the Spring semester. International students are charged the out-of-country tuition rate for the first 24 credits, and in-county rates for the remainder of their degree.
International students enrolling from non-English-speaking countries are required to take the ESL (English as a Second Language) Oxford Exam if proficiency in English has not been established. (See ESL Placement Test information in the Testing and Assessment section.)
Transcripts from foreign colleges or secondary schools must be translated to English and submitted for formal evaluation to an agency approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A student in need of this service can visit http://www.naces.org/members to find and select a member approved by NACES to perform their foreign credential evaluation. Upon completion of the evaluation, the student must submit the official evaluation report to the Enrollment Services Office to determine transferability of courses.
Atlantic Cape will admit F1 International Students to the College using the following criteria:
International Student checklist:
To apply for admission, international students must submit the following information.
- Application for Admission Online
- $6,000 tuition deposit by U.S. check, money order, or cash
- Copy of the biographical data page of the student's valid passport
- Original bank statements (no older than 30 days) showing proof of funding
- Supplemental Form for International Students
- Confidential Financial Statement
- Sponsorship Agreement Form
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Free Room & Board (if applicable)
- Copy of current visa and I-94 (if student is currently in the United States)
- Request for F-1 Transfer Information Form and copy of student's current Form I-20 (if student is currently attending a U.S. institution)